After the Met, I went to the Lincoln Center’s Jazz Hall. The worst program I’ve never seen. They even scheduled a toddler to play the piano. No, she didn’t show any talent. Just hit the keys. The Chinese kids, mostly are from China but with few from New Jersey. My gut feeling is, the two sides struck a deal. Both side could brag that they performed at Lincoln Center.
Von Dohnanyi conducing all Beethoven’s with New York Philharmonic at Avery Fisher Hall to a pack audience. A cold New York night, with a hot maestro. page
The conductor’s portrait on the Play Bill must have taken some years ago, bec on stage, his hair is all white.
At the bottom of the ticket, it prints:
Christoph Von Dohnanyi’s appears through the Daisy and Paul Soros Endowment Fund.
Not sure what to make of this: the Soros fund paid for his trip/appearance?
Those pix are taken with iPhone:
- 2016.08.17, Joshua Bell & Beethoven’s 8th
- 2016.04.12, Beethoven’s #6
- 2016.02.09, The Butterfly Lovers
- 2016.01.27, Beethoven’s violin concerto
- 2015.11.05, Gilbert Conducts All-Mozart
- 2015.10.27, Misty Copeland; Geffen
- 2015.04.01, Juilliard’s Paul Hall @ Lincoln Center
- 2014.03.08, Chinese at Lincoln
- 2009.12.28, during the holidays
- file 39213