- the summary China, Germany
- 5/22 iCloud; food; to Frankfurt
- 5/23 broken down escalator at Ffm airport; Leipziger Str and dinner.
- 5/24 bike washer; birthday party; Bojan; Falungong 法轮功
- 5/25 Sun, Ffm/Fritzlar/Kassel
- 5/26 Kassel/Ffm: walk; toilet; Fulda trail walk; Werra meets Fulda; Hann. Münden; Alte Opera
- 5/27 Tue Ffm/Paris, French Open; Metro Abbesses; Rue de Steinkarque; Basilica of the Sacré Cœur;
- 5/28 Paris/Ffm, macaroons; La Cure Gourmande; arts by Seine; the Louvre and the rat; Benlux; missed the train
- 5/29 Fra-BJ A300; visit Elizabeth; mix writing ; heading to BJ; zhacai 榨菜
- 5/30 BJ; 00Jimmy; Shangri-La Dialogue
- 5/31, local mkt; Wi-Fi router; swimming, badminton, hot pot dinner
- 6/1 lunch w/ mates; xisi 西四
- 6/2, sim card; ZGC 楼; lunch at Beida; tea house + yoga; Ding Tai Feng
- 6/3 BJ airport; 聚德华天 lunch; Diaoyutai 钓鱼台; a hospital; West Station
- 6/4 BJ, Great Wall/Datong, at Deyuelou 得月楼; 积水潭 in Datong; other shops; 3 wheelers
- 6/5 Datong, Yungang Grottoes 云冈石窟
- 6/6 Hohhot
- 6/7 the grassland, the zoo
- 6/8, Hasuhai 哈素海, exam; Baotou 包头; arab place
- 6/9 Zhangjiakou/BJ: the temple ordeal; huma oil; 2 scams in the past
- 6/10 BJ, dinner at Grandma’ House 外婆家 with Yishi; Wangfujing; ICBC; ad in subway
- 6/11 ZGC, lunch, tea house + yoga; dinner Yunnan 云海肴
- 6/12 BJ/Dalian trip, train; shopping overnight train;
- 6/13 breakfast; beach; Shengya Sea World 大连圣亚海洋世界 … dinner at Tiger; 黑石礁 & Xinghai Sq 星海广场
- 6/14 cherry picking; Binhai Road; Xintiandi; street vendor dinner; 5 RMB withdraw fm ICBC
- 6/15 Dalian/BJ: zoo: monkey; brunch at Tiger; train to BJ
- 6/16 icbc shopping .. toilet salesman
- 6/17 lunch 穆德楼 with Dai and family; Jiujiu angry; jade bracelets; Hongqiao market; dumpling dinner ice wine；with Jiujiu Xi’an 2015?
- 6/18 BJ/Shanghai, , Hongqiao; into hotel; dinner with Qiao at Tang Palace 香港唐宫; family Zhang
- 6/19 subway ticket; two classes at Apple; cold hundun 冷馄饨
- 6/20 Suzhou, lotus pond, dinner 成隆行; 许留山
- 6/21, Loletta Chu 朱玲玲 lunch at Xin Ji Shi 新吉士 dinner at Shao
- 6/22 Shanghai/BJ: Hangzhou; flight delay; coup? the flight attendant
- 6/23 BJ Caibai & taxi in BJ; bus 109, the area, Da Dong;
- 6/24 BJ icbc; Huageng lunch at 紫光园; Lu Xun school
- 6/25 BJ, going home; light rail to the airport
- 7/24 flight tracking
It’s the summer 1983 (June 24 – Aug 8) when I spent three months in Paris. With a couple of girls from Hong Kong we found this little duty free (tax) gem Benelux, selling premium cosmetics at deep discount. However, over the years I always make it a point to visit it again, again .. and this year the clientele is 99% Asian, mostly Chinese.
La Cure Gourmande Montmartre
8-10 rue de Steinkarque
75018 Paris, 01 42 234202
The service is better than Maison Georges Larnicol
Just went to shopping around the corner. Montmartre is a liberal area with many 99 cent trinket shops stores catering to tourists. There are two sweet shops Maison Georges Larnicol (7-9 rue de Steinkerque, 75018 Paris) and La Cure Gourmande Montmartre – they’re under handed and I found the sales women rude at Maison Georges.
They’re charging up scale $ with 99 cent store mentality. For the paper bag, I’ve to ask for twice and seeing the reluctance. Maybe the Europeans’ frugality is saving the world. No one dare to say no when asking reasonably for a free bag in the USA – No one beats the Americans for service. They tasted ok. My review on Yelp. Ladurée is also good.
The sales tax breakdown:
The following day for the convenience I went there to buy a box of macaroons for Beijing. Ha. it cost €25. The price of the macaroon is €5.5 for 100g, about 8 pieces. I just don’t get it why would they charge that much more for a cheap container. It clearly (pun intended) doesn’t worth it and makes the cookies looking so cheap. I have no choice but to pay because the distance I’ll have to bring to. Oh the Frenchy. The ending isn’t too pretty: after the security check at the airport, most of them are ruined.
The store and the street its on ..