Derby House and Wharf


160 Derby Street
Salem, MA 01970

This house was built in 1762, as a wedding gift to Elias Hasket and Elizabeth Crowninshield Derby. It’s looking out to the namesake wharf, east of Pickering Wharf. Behind the house is a rectangle garden. One yellow house over is the Customs.

  

Derby Whraf is 1/2 mile long jetty with the chubby light station at the tip.

 

 


Leave a Reply