Custom House @ Sag Harbor


912 Main St,
Sag Harbor, NY 11963

Built in 1765, Henry Packer Dering purchased it in 1793, using it as his residence as well as his office. George Washington appointed Dering as the collector of the custom duty. We took a very informative guided tour by the lady volunteer. She touched on the photo of Macau, bath water – don’t throw out the baby with the water, calligraphy and more.

   


Leave a Reply